Product Leadership with Roman Pichler
Being a successful product manager or product owner requires strong leadership: You have to direct and guide the stakeholders and development team without having the authority to tell people what to do.
Attending this workshop will increase your leadership skills, and help you become an inclusive and inspiring product leader. You will learn how to build strong relationships with powerful stakeholders, skilfully deal with difficult people, and achieve firm support for your decisions.
Dec 11th - Dec 12th
I’ve learnt new techniques for defining shared goals and making effective decisions. The exercises were very useful and engaging. Thank you!
An inspiring course that allowed me to think more strategically on how to lead teams in a large and complex organisation. I am taking away some great techniques to try out.
Choose the Right Leadership Approach
- Understand your leadership preferences and how you can adopt the most effective leadership style for your product and organisation
- Create an inspiring vision and align the stakeholders and development team through shared goals
Build Strong Relationships
- Understand the interests of the stakeholders and effectively engage with the individuals
- Listen actively; communicate clearly and empathetically
Manage Difficult Stakeholders
- Skilfully resolve conflicts with powerful stakeholders
- Understand people’s emotions, interests, and unmet needs
Make Effective Product Decisions and Secure Strong Buy-in
- Choose the right decision-making approach
- Get to agreement and build strong support while showing strong leadership
Lead Agile Teams in the Right Way (two-day course)
- Provide the right leadership to cross-functional, self-organising teams
- Effectively collaborate with the team and ScrumMaster / agile coach
Turn Setbacks and Failure into Learning and Growth (two-day course)
- Understand why failing is hard but necessary in product management
- Learn how to establish a fail-safe environment that is conducive to learning and growth
Strengthen Product Leadership in the Organisation (two-day course)
- Choose the right product roles, responsibilities, skills, and career paths
- Establish an effective product management function in your organisation
Product managers, product owners, product executives, and others in charge of digital products or product teams. Please note that this course teaches leadership and people skills. It assumes that you already have an understanding of important product management concepts and techniques, and that you are familiar with an agile framework like Scrum.
To benefit as much as possible from the course, we strongly recommend that you prepare by reading the following articles:
- Be a Balanced Product Leader (10 min read)
- Leading Through Shared Goals (9 min read)
- Use Decision Rules to Make Better Product Decisions (11 min read)
You can pay by credit card or by invoice. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We offer a 50% discount on the regular price to charities and early stage start-ups. Please contact email@example.com.
The training course is taught as an instructor-led workshop with an appropriate mix of lecture, discussion and hands-on exercises. The training materials are developed by Roman and are exclusively used by him. We aim to limit the number of attendees to 20.