Product Strategy and Product Roadmap with Roman Pichler
This training course teaches you how to create a winning product strategy and an agile product roadmap for digital products. Strategy and roadmap are important tools: The product strategy states how you intend to achieve product success; the product roadmap describes how the product is likely to grow.
The workshop is ideal for product managers, product owners, product executives, and entrepreneurs who would like to understand how a product strategy and a product roadmap are effectively used in an agile, dynamic business context.
London, United Kingdom
Sep 19th - Sep 20th
To join the waiting list, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is the most productive product management training I have attended. Great explanation and on-the-go documentation!
Roman’s product strategy and roadmap course is great for anyone who wants to learn more about more holistic product thinking, creating a product roadmap, and being clear on why certain products/features are on the roadmap and others are not.
Vision and Product Strategy
- Creating an inspiring vision that guides people
- The elements of an effective product strategy and the Product Vision Board
- Product lifecycle and product strategy: lifecycle objectives and strategic goals
- Value proposition, market segmentation, and product differentiation
- Business goals, key performance indicators (KPIs), and the product scorecard
- Product discovery, strategy validation, and minimum viable products (MVPs)
- Unbundling, bundling, variants, and platforms
- Strategy reviews and updates including pivot vs. persevere
Agile Product Roadmaps
- Benefits and common mistakes of product roadmaps; agile product roadmapping challenges
- The product roadmap, the product backlog, and the release plan
- Goal-oriented product roadmaps and the GO roadmap template
- Selecting the right contents and the right level of detail
- Determining dates and cost
- Product roadmap reviews and updates
- Collaborative roadmapping workshops
Product Portfolio Management
- Product portfolio strategy vs. product strategy
- Applications and platforms
- Portfolio roadmaps
- Achieving a balanced product portfolio
Product managers, product owners, marketers, entrepreneurs, and product executives.
Start and End Times
The course starts at 9:00 and finishes at 17:00 on the first day. It starts at 9:00 and finishes at 16:30 on the second day.
Format and Class Size
The training course is taught as an instructor-led workshop with an appropriate mix of lecture, discussion and hands-on exercises. Please dress casually. We aim to limit the class size to 25 attendees.
Prerequisites and Prep Work
As a participant, you should have a working knowledge of product management. To benefit as much as possible from the course, we strongly recommend that you prepare by:
- Reading the chapters “Product Strategy Foundations” and “Product Roadmap Foundations” in Roman’s book Strategize (53 pages) or
- Watching the videos “Building a Product Users Want” and “Agile Product Roadmaps” (30 and 49 minutes) or
- Listen to the podcast “Product Strategy and Roadmapping” (49 minutes).
You can pay by credit card or by invoice. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
We offer a 50% discount on the regular price to charities and early stage start-ups. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a discount.