Product Strategy and Product Roadmap with Roman Pichler
This training course teaches you how to create a winning product strategy and an agile product roadmap for digital products. Strategy and roadmap are important tools: The product strategy states how you intend to achieve product success; the product roadmap describes how the product is likely to grow.
The workshop is ideal for product managers, product owners, product executives, and entrepreneurs who would like to understand how a product strategy and a product roadmap are effectively used in an agile, dynamic business context.
London, United Kingdom
Sep 19th - Sep 20th
To join the waiting list, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Roman’s product strategy course is probably one of the most valuable courses that I’ve ever attended. The unique and dynamic structure of the course really aided my own learning and allowed me to apply my previous knowledge in a practical way right from the beginning. I cannot commend Roman highly enough. His courses are a “must-attend” for anyone wanting to improve their product owner knowledge and skills.
This is the most productive product management training I have attended. Great explanation and on-the-go documentation!
Vision and Product Strategy
- Creating an inspiring vision that guides people
- The elements of an effective product strategy and the Product Vision Board
- Product lifecycle and product strategy: lifecycle objectives and strategic goals
- Value proposition, market segmentation, and product differentiation
- Business goals, key performance indicators (KPIs), and the product scorecard
- Product discovery, strategy validation, and minimum viable products (MVPs)
- Unbundling, bundling, variants, and platforms
- Strategy reviews and updates including pivot vs. persevere
Agile Product Roadmaps
- Benefits and common mistakes of product roadmaps; agile product roadmapping challenges
- The product roadmap, the product backlog, and the release plan
- Goal-oriented product roadmaps and the GO roadmap template
- Selecting the right contents and the right level of detail
- Determining dates and cost
- Product roadmap reviews and updates
- Collaborative roadmapping workshops
Product Portfolio Management
- Product portfolio strategy vs. product strategy
- Applications and platforms
- Portfolio roadmaps
- Achieving a balanced product portfolio
Product managers, product owners, marketers, entrepreneurs, and product executives.
Start and End Times
The course starts at 9:00 and finishes at 17:00 on the first day. It starts at 9:00 and finishes at 16:30 on the second day.
Format and Class Size
The training course is taught as an instructor-led workshop with an appropriate mix of lecture, discussion and hands-on exercises. Please dress casually. We aim to limit the class size to 25 attendees.
Prerequisites and Prep Work
As a participant, you should have a working knowledge of product management. To benefit as much as possible from the course, we strongly recommend that you prepare by:
- Reading the chapters “Product Strategy Foundations” and “Product Roadmap Foundations” in Roman’s book Strategize (53 pages) or
- Watching the videos “Building a Product Users Want” and “Agile Product Roadmaps” (30 and 49 minutes) or
- Listen to the podcast “Product Strategy and Roadmapping” (49 minutes).
You can pay by credit card or by invoice. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
We offer a 50% discount on the regular price to charities and early stage start-ups. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a discount.