This training course teaches powerful agile product management practices: Developing an effective agile product strategy and a compelling agile product roadmap. It is ideal for product owners who want to learn more about the strategic work that precedes and complements the product backlog, and for product managers who would like to understand how a product strategy and roadmap are best created and managed in an agile context. This training integrates Lean Startup, Business Model Generation and Scrum concepts with Roman’s techniques and tools.
Roman Pichler’s Agile Product Strategy and Roadmap Course
London, United KingdomOct 17th15 Hatfields, London, SE1 8DJ, United KingdomSeats Available
London, United KingdomJan 23rd15 Hatfields, London, SE1 8DJ, United KingdomSeats Available
- Agile vs. traditional product planning
- Strategic product planning and the role of the product manager/owner
Vision and Product Strategy
- The elements of an effective product strategy: market, value proposition and business goals
- Capturing the vision and formulating the product strategy with the Vision Board
- Validating the product strategy and generating new market insights: Identifying the most critical assumption, and selecting the right test group and method
- Understanding the benefits and limitations of Minimum Viable Products (MVPs)
- Pivot vs. persevere: Failing fast vs. refining the strategy
- Tips for effectively analysing feedback and data and for drawing the right conclusions
- Extending the Vision Board to capture the business model
- Planning and managing the strategy work
Agile Product Roadmaps
- Benefits, common mistakes of product roadmaps; agile roadmapping challenges
- Creating an agile product roadmap using the GO roadmap format
- Techniques for creating an effective agile roadmap including the Minimal Marketable Product (MMP), steady innovation candence, and roadmap feasibility
- The relationship between the product roadmap, the product strategy, and the product backlog
- Updating the product roadmap: Small, incremental vs. big, disruptive changes; collaborative roadmapping workshops
- Product roadmap ownership
Product managers, product owners, UX designers, product marketers, entrepreneurs, business analysts, and decision makers.
Start and End Times
The course starts at 9:00 and finishes at 17:00.
You can pay by credit card or by invoice. To select the latter, please click on “Show other payment options” on the “Overview” tap on the training course event. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The training course is taught as an instructor-led workshop with an appropriate mix of of lecture, discussion, hands-on exercises, and no PowerPoint slides. The training materials are developed by Roman and are exclusively used by him.
The participants should have a working knowledge of product management and an agile method such as Scrum or Kanban. If you are new to agile, you will find Roman’s Certified Scrum Product Owner course and his book Agile Product Management book a great preparation for this training course.
PDUs and SEUs
Attending the course earns you PDUs toward the Project Management Institute’s PMI-ACP (Agile Certified Practitioner) designation and SEUs for the Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) of the Scrum Alliance.
Roman Pichler is a leading agile product management and Scrum expert, and the founder of Pichler Consulting. He has more than 10 years experience in training and coaching product managers and product owners, and a long track record in helping companies apply agile practices to achieve business success. Roman is the author of “Agile Product Management with Scrum”; he has created several powerful product management and UX tools, and he writes a popular blog for product owners and managers.
In November 2013 I attended the Product Planning course of Roman Pichler in London. In one day he could explain the complex process of defining a product vision and translate that in a tactical way to a product strategy and finally to an operational level product teams can work with. It is exactly this process that is often hard to grasp, and not well thought of. I really liked the interactive way Roman gave the course, responding to the questions and needs of the course members. I already used his practical tools like the Vision board and the Product roadmap which are really straight forward and makes defining this and visualise it on the wall, a real added value for the company.
Katelijne Molenaar, Product Owner at IceMobile
Roman's product strategy course was the most valuable professional training I have participated in for quite a while. Very insightful, practical, thought provoking and relevant to becoming an effective product owner. Highly recommended!
Wolfgang Hilpert, Head of Software at AGT International
Roman's product strategy course is probably one of the most valuable courses that I've ever attended. The unique and dynamic structure of the course really aided my own learning and allowed me to apply my previous knowledge in a practical way right from the beginning. I cannot commend Roman highly enough. His courses are a "must-attend" for anyone wanting to improve their product owner knowledge and skills.
Seth Rubin, Head of Product at Webgains