This training course teaches powerful strategic product management practices: Developing an effective agile product strategy and a compelling agile product roadmap. It is ideal for product owners who want to learn more about the strategic work that precedes and complements the product backlog, and for product managers who would like to understand how a product strategy and roadmap are best created and managed in an agile context. This training integrates Lean Startup, Business Model Generation and Scrum concepts with Roman’s techniques and tools.
Roman Pichler’s Agile Product Strategy and Roadmap Course
London, United KingdomJul 11th 9:00 am - Jul 11th 5:00 pm15 Hatfields, London, SE1 8DJ, United KingdomSeats Available
London, United KingdomOct 17th 9:00 am - Oct 17th 5:00 pm15 Hatfields, London, SE1 8DJ, United KingdomSeats Available
London, United KingdomJan 23rd 9:00 am - Jan 23rd 5:00 pm15 Hatfields, London, SE1 8DJ, United KingdomSeats Available
Product Planning Overview
- Product planning levels and tools
- Agile vs. traditional product planning
- Strategic product planning and the role of the product manager/owner
Vision and Product Strategy
- The elements of an effective product strategy: market, value proposition and business goals
- Capturing the vision and formulating the product strategy with the Vision Board
- Validating the product strategy and generating new market insights: Identifying the most critical assumption, and selecting the right test group and method
- Pivot vs. persevere: Failing early to succeeding fast vs. refining the strategy
- Tips to effectively analyse feedback and data and drawing the right conclusions
- Business model vs. business plan and business case
- Beyond the product: Working with the Business Model Canvas
- The relationship between product strategy and business model
- The product roadmap as a strategic product planning tool
- Working with an agile, goal-oriented roadmap: The GO product roadmap
- The product roadmap workshop to create and update the roadmap
- The Minimum Viable Product (MVP) and the Minimal Marketable Product (MMP)
- Portfolio roadmaps to align several products
- Creating a steady innovation cadence
Product managers, product owners, UX designers, product marketers, entrepreneurs, business analysts, and decision makers.
Start and End Times
The course starts at 9:00 and finishes at 17:00.
You can pay by credit card or by invoice. To select the latter, please click on “Show other payment options” on the “Overview” tap on the training course event. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
The training course is taught as an instructor-led workshop with an appropriate mix of of lecture, discussion, hands-on exercises, and no PowerPoint slides. The training materials are developed by Roman and are exclusively used by him.
The participants should have a working knowledge of product management and an agile method such as Scrum or Kanban. If you are new to agile, you will find Roman’s Certified Scrum Product Owner course and his book Agile Product Management book a great preparation for this training course.
PDUs and SEUs
Attending the course earns you PDUs toward the Project Management Institute’s PMI-ACP (Agile Certified Practitioner) designation and SEUs for the Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) of the Scrum Alliance.
Roman Pichler is a leading agile product management and Scrum expert, and the founder of Pichler Consulting. He has more than 10 years experience in training and coaching product managers and product owners, and a long track record in helping companies apply agile practices to achieve business success. Roman is the author of “Agile Product Management with Scrum”; he has created several powerful product management and UX tools, and he writes a popular blog for product owners and managers.