Applying Agile Project Management Successfully
Roman’s first book, published in December 2007, provides a comprehensive yet concise guide to applying Scrum successfully. It’s full of practical tips to help the reader understand and implement Scrum. The book is written in German.
“I’ve known and worked with Roman for years with Scrum, so the book is full of practical advice. This book not only faithfully documents Scrum, it also provides a state of the art view of the most current thinking about using Scrum. This book is a solid addition to the compendium of books to aid the Scrum practitioner.”
Ken Schwaber, co-creator of Scrum
What you'll learn
- Understanding the Scrum roles, ScrumMaster, product owner and development team, and the Scrum process
- Working with product backlog and employing user stories
- Release management techniques for estimating, planning and tracking the overall project progress
- Tips for successfully using the sprint meetings and tracking the sprint progress
- Large and distributed Scrum projects
- Enterprise Scrum
Get a free sample
Download a free sample of Scrum, Chapter One
I really love Roman’s book on Scrum–you can give it to anybody and he will understand the Scrum principles and can start to apply them.
Roman explains everything that’s necessary to get started with Scrum. He explains the roles, the artifacts, and the events. In addition, he talks about the evolution of the product backlog, the role of long-term planning using release management, scaling, and establishing Scrum in organizations. After reading this book I felt well prepared for my first Scrum project.