Agile Product Management with Scrum
What you'll learn
- Understand the product owner role: what product owners do, how they do it, and the surprising implications
- Envision the product: create a compelling product vision to galvanize and guide the team and stakeholders
- Groom the product backlog: manage the product backlog effectively even for the most complex products
- Plan the release: bring clarity to scheduling, budgeting, and functionality decisions
- Collaborate in sprint meetings: understand the product owner’s role in sprint meetings, including the dos and don’ts
- Transition into product ownership: succeed as a product owner and establish the role in the enterprise
Get a free sample
Download a free sample of Agile Product Management with Scrum Forewords, Preface and Chapter One
This excellent book provides new and experienced product owners with the guidance they will need. The book focuses on precisely what you need to know in order to be a great product owner.
Scrum is silent on how a product owner can maximize value. Most product managers and marketers don’t know how to use the iterative, incremental nature of Scrum to do so. Roman’s book, Agile Product Management with Scrum, fills this hole nicely.
It would be quite tempting to come up with an comprehensive, thick, large, theoretical book (and publishers like thick books), Roman Pichler withstood that temptation. Instead he came up with a very concise, thin, digestable and very well understandable practical guide for the complicated role of a product owner in an agile environment.